2022年5月22日 星期日

Conversation Between My House Cats Concerning Where We'll Be Living Next Year


AUTHOR'S NOTE: What happened to Stripey and Muffin?  I'm sorry to say that Stripey and Muffin went up to heaven, where they're now relaxing on beautiful, sunny hillsides full of tall grass and delicious bugs to eat.  We miss you, Stripey and Muffin.  Have a good time up there with our other dead cats.

JOJO: I heard the humans talking the other day.  The bigger human says we're going to move next year.

CHRISTMAS: Where to? 

JOJO: The smaller human said "Tainan," "Kaohsiung," "Hualien," "Pingtung" and "Taitung."  I know "Taitung," because I'm a Taitung kitty, and I think "Pingtung" is where we are now.  I don't know about the other three places.

MILKY: Yes, Pingtung is here.  I'm a Pingtung kitty, so I know Pingtung.

MANGO: Me too, I'm also a Pingtung kitty.  Is Taitung the place they took us to on Chinese New Year?  The smaller place, higher up?

CHRISTMAS: Yes, that's Taitung.  Jojo and I lived there a long time.  Also Smokey, who lives upstairs, but I f%$king hate Smokey.

JOJO: Me too.  Smokey sucks.

MILKY: Yes, let's all scratch Smokey later.

CHRISTMAS: But what about next year?  Where will we live?  Did the humans decide on a place?

JOJO: No, not yet.  The bigger human said he's waiting on something called the "MOE" and a "縣府," whatever that is.  The smaller human said she wants to live in Kaohsiung, so they can be near the even smaller humans.

MILKY: I don't know about this Kaohsiung place.  Do they have a lot of vets there?

MANGO: I hate vets more than Smokey.

CHRISTMAS: I think Kaohsiung has more humans than Pingtung, so probably more vets.  I hate it already.

MILKY: I don't mind going back to that Taitung place.  The deck there is so nice and high.  I can look down at all the humans and see what they're doing.  It's really interesting.

JOJO: Then maybe you'd like Kaohsiung.  More people means more apartment buildings.  In Kaohsiung there's probably an apartment building that's even taller than the one in Taitung.

MANGO and MILKY: Cool!

CHRISTMAS; But what about these "Tainan" and "Hualien" places?  Does anyone know about those?

JOJO: No idea.

MANGO and MILKY: Nope.

CHRISTMAS: ...and by the way, speaking of the humans, where are they?  I sure do wish they'd feed me again.

JOJO: Me too.

MANGO: Me three.

MILKY: Me most of all.

JOJO: I hope wherever we move to next year they'll feed us more often.  Should we try to get into the upstairs bedroom now?  Should we scratch Smokey?

MANGO: I'm down.

MILKY: Hell yes.

CHRISTMAS: Why not?

Related Entries 相關的文章:

沒有留言:

張貼留言