There are 29 townships, 3 municipalities and one city in Pingtung County. It's exhausting to include news from every township, municipality and Pingtung City every time, so what I'll do instead is include news items from eleven different townships or municipalities in each entry. This way I should be able to work my way through Pingtung County every three entries. 屏東縣包含了29個鄉, 3個鎮還有屏東市. 每次討論所有鄉鎮的新聞太累了, 所以我會每次討論11個鄉鎮的報告. 這樣子我每三篇新聞文章就會涵蓋到全縣內鄉鎮的新聞.
1. Majia Township 瑪家鄉
1a. Tourists visited Linali Village in Majia Township to witness the migration of grey-faced buzzards through the area during the Double 10 weekend. The migration of these birds, normally associated with spots in Hengchun Municipality and Manzhou Township, is a new tourist attraction in Majia. 瑪家禮納里賞鷹夯 單日喜見1.6萬隻
1b. A woman climbing the mountain trail near the Liangshan Waterfall may have suffered a stroke. She was taken to the hospital by local firefighters/paramedics, one of whom had to carry her on his back down the mountain. 婦人登涼山瀑布疑中風 消防員輸流背下山
2. Wandan Township 萬丹鄉
2a. The "mud volcano" in Wandan recently erupted again, shooting mud up to 5 meters in the air. 屏東萬丹鄉泥火山 泥漿噴發高達5公尺 (1)
2b. There's been drama in the Pingtung County Government recently, much of it related to fluctuations in the market for locally produced agricultural goods. As a result several members of the Pingtung County Magistrate's cabinet have changed positions. A recent visit paid by one local official to another local official residing in Wandan led to speculation that there might be further shakeups in the cabinet, but the visiting official insisted that she was "just passing through." 蘇揆訪老家 陳吉仲 : 剛好經過
2c. A man in Wandan was incarcerated for 30 days and fined after threatening another man in the wake of a traffic-related altercation. 不爽被按喇叭 火爆男攔車持鐵棒叫囂
3. Wanluan Township 萬巒鄉
3a. An elderly man left Linyuan District, Kaohsiung City and did not return home. His family reported him missing to the police, and he was found in Wanluan the next day. 阿北夜衝迷航9小時 一早現身20公里外萬巒 ... 熱心警助返家
3b. The Pingtung County Government is promoting 1-day tours of Hakka villages in the area. One of these tours introduces sites in Wanluan (on October 23), the other introduces sites in Jiadong (on October 30). The registration fee is 399 NT. According to the article, details can be found on the Pingtung County Government's Facebook page. 屏東10月推客庄秋之旅 1日遊只要399元 (2)
3c. A man accused of committing murder outside the army base in Wanluan back in 2004 saw the inside of a courtroom again recently. His attorneys argued that the lighting around the scene of the crime was insufficient to identify the man as the murderer, and that a receipt, which was lost, would have served as his alibi. The verdict in his case was changed from not guilty to guilty. 17年前捲鬥毆打死人 ... 劉正富無罪又翻盤判決理由曝光
4. Taiwu Township 泰武鄉
4a. Representatives from Taiwu Township recently visited Taichung to help introduce an exhibition of Paiwan woodcarvings there. 屏東泰武鄉聯手承億文旅 將台灣南境之美帶到台中
4b. Heavy rains hit Taiwu and other mountain townships last week. 花東屏夜防豪雨 泰武鄉累積雨量逾800毫米
5. Chaozhou Municipality 潮州鎮
5a. The old No. 2 Market building in Chaozhou will be demolished. Residents are expecting nearby real estate prices to rise as a result. 屏東潮州第2市場將拆除 鬧區危樓可望變黃金 (3)
5b. A drunk man was brandishing a knife around central Chaozhou late at night. He was apprehended by police soon after. 有人拿刀啦 屏東潮州深夜驚現持刀揮舞男 優勢警力壓制
5c. There's a new bike rental station ("Pbike, which I assume stands for "Pingtung Bike"), next to Sselin Elementary School, not far from Chaozhou's Forest Park. 屏東低碳旅行新亮點 潮州Pbike增設四林國小站 (4)
6. Xinyuan Township 新園鄉
6a. As part of a national plan to utilize offshore wind as a source of electricity, a new factory has been completed in Xinyuan. Production at the factory is primarily concerned with pipe fittings for offshore wind installations. Domestic production of these installations is a big priority for the government. 風電台灣隊添生力軍 高屏新廠年產30座水下管件
7. Kanding Township 崁頂鄉
7a. The Pingtung County Government has been overseeing rabies vaccinations in Kanding and Jiadong townships. 屏東狂犬病疫苗 佳冬 , 崁頂鄉開打
8. Laiyi Township 來義鄉
8a. Residents of Nanhe Village in Laiyi Township took to the streets to show their patriotism during Double Ten Day. 愛國愛部落 ! 屏東來義部落青年發起國慶升旗遊街
8b. A mobile "license renewal office" operated by the Bureau of Transportation recently visited Laiyi. 全台僅2輛 ! 變形金剛 屏東來義展翅 鄉民驚喜體驗監理服務
9. Donggang Municipality 東港鎮
9a. The Donggang version of the "Welcoming in the King's Peace" religious festival will begin this Sunday, and will last for 8 days. Police will be on the roads directing traffic in that area. Expect A LOT of people if you're going. 屏東東港迎王平祭24日展開8天 管制交通
9b. Those attending the above festival will receive a special face mask, a paper fan and a commemorative bag of "Guai Guai" potato chips. 屏東迎王搶眼文創紀念品 迎王口罩 , 平安符扇加乖乖 (5)
9b. There is a legal dispute over dormitories built by the Japanese in Donggang before the KMT government took control of Taiwan. These dormitories were recently designated as a historic site, but there is disagreement regarding the legality of this designation. Some people are still living in the dormitories despite efforts to move them out. 東港共和新村拒眷改 釘子戶 軍方強制拆除2違佔戶 (6)
10. Nanzhou Township 南州鄉
10a. Nanzhou's version of the "Welcoming in the King's Peace" festival begins next month. They had some trouble moving the ceremonial boat into position after its return to the township. They'd been transporting it around Taiwan as a way of "dispelling sickness." 南州王船回家 "差點仆街 ! " 吊掛失誤傾斜險墜
11. Xinpi Township 新埤鄉
11a. No recent news out of Xinpi.
Related Entries 相關的文章:
1. Every time I mention this I wonder it's going to pique someone's curiosity. Rest assured that it's REALLY not that interesting. To put things in their proper context, aside from red bean cakes 紅豆餅Wandan doesn't have any other tourist sites to speak of.
2. The tour of Wanluan is definitely be the more interesting of the two.
3. Their property values will go up regardless. Real estate in that area has been getting more and more expensive for a while now. Chaozhou is one of the most densely populated parts of Pingtung, and that building is located near the Chaozhou Train Station, a prime commercial location.
4. There's another Pbike station in front of the Culture Park in central Chaozhou across from the Starbucks. Having one Pbike station in front of the Culture Park and another next to Sselin Elementary School means that tourists can conveniently bike between the Culture Park and the Forest Park without having to worry about returning their rental bikes. It's a good idea.
5. Not to rain on anyone's parade, but a downside to these religious festivals is the amount of trash they generate. I have no doubt that many of the face masks, paper fans and potato chip bags will end up on local roads, in local canals, and in the ocean.
6. Also prime real estate. These dormitories are between Donggang's famous Dongloong Temple, where the above-mentioned festival is held, and a row of new apartment buildings closer to Dapeng Bay.