The Chinese below was taken from "A New Appreciation of Fishing" 漁樂新視界. The Chinese was written by 光啟社 and the English was written/translated by me. There will be four of these entries, covering the ports in Pingtung County.
Fishy Things to Do in Hengchun (1)
恆春位於屏東縣恆春半島南端, 是台灣最南端的鄉鎮, 也是台灣 "兩隻腳" 的所在地, 由於這裡氣候暖, 四季如春, 因而稱為 "恆春". 這裡是台灣海峽, 巴士海峽, 太平洋等海域的匯集之處, 漁業資源相當豐富. Hengchun is located at the southern tip of Pingtung's [part of the] Hengchun Peninsula. It is the southernmost municipality in Taiwan, and also where Taiwan's "little feet" are to be found. The weather here is warm, and resembles spring year-round. For this reason it was named "Perpetual Spring" (Hengchun). It is a place where the Taiwan Strait, the Bashi Channel and the Pacific Ocean meet. Its fisheries are exceptionally productive.
恆春地區屬於熱帶性氣候, 濱海地區蘊藏著豐富的珊瑚地形, 漁業資源充足, 生物多樣性高, 海洋休閒體驗可是在恆春處處都可以看見喔! 你可以縱身跳入海裡欣賞精彩的海底世界, 如果不想弄濕身體, 半潛艇一樣可以滿足好奇的你, 或是來到港邊, 大快朵頤便宜又好吃的海產, 生魚片, 保證讓你物超所值! The Hengchun area enjoys a tropical climate, and the coastline is both rich in coral and an excellent source of fish. There are many species to be found here, and ocean-based leisure activities can be engaged in all over Hengchun. You can jump right into the ocean, and enjoy a colorful underwater world. If you don't want to get wet however, you can either hop on a glass-bottomed boat or visit a local port, where you can enjoy quality seafood and sashimi for a reasonable price. You're guaranteed to get a good deal!
How to go?
如果是從西半部下恆春的朋友, 可以利用國道三號下南州交流道, 順著指標直走到墾丁, 也可以從國道一號走到底, 接台17線往墾丁. 如果是從東半部下恆春的朋友, 可以沿台9線至達仁右轉續行前往楓港, 再由楓港南循台26線一路南下, 即可抵達恆春. Friends traveling south to Hengchun on the west coast can use the Formosa Freeway (#3), and exit using the Nanjhou exit. You then follow the signs toward Kenting. You can also follow Highway 17 from the end of the Jung Shan Freeway (#1), and from there head toward Kenting. If you are travelling to Hengchun from the east coast, you can follow Highway 9 (the Southern Cross-Island Highway) from Daren, and from there drive to Fenggang, where this road leads south to Highway 26. This [route] also leads to Hengchun.(2)
Memories in the Making
國立海洋生物博物館 The National Museum of Marine Biology and Aquarium
想要認識 "海洋", 來到這裡準沒錯! 博物館共分為台灣水域館, 珊瑚王國館及世界水域館等三個展示館, 結合了教育, 學術, 保育層面, 更整合了社區性, 娛樂性, 國際性等全方位的領域, 不管是大朋友小朋友, 都能用最自然輕鬆的方式, 真正認識海洋的奧秘. Anyone wanting to learn about the ocean should come here! The aquarium is divided into three exhibition halls, which are: the Taiwan Waters Hall, the Coral Kingdom and the Waters of the World Hall. This aquarium integrates education, academic study and conservation. It also brings together communities, entertainment, internationalism and many other things. It doesn't matter whether you're young or old, you can come here and absorb real knowledge of ocean mysteries with very little effort. (3)
萬里桐 Wan Li Tong
電影海角七號阿嘉坐在海邊的地方就是萬里桐喔! 萬里桐位於石珠和蟳廣嘴之間的小村落, 海面十公尺以下可看到海中石洞, 石穴, 拱門等多變的地形景觀, 多樣的生態環境成為墾丁國家公園境內潛水的熱門地點. The stretch of coastline where A-jia sits in the movie Cape No. 7 is Wan Li Tong! Wan Li Tong is a small village located between Shr Ju and Shun Guang Dzuei. Just ten meters from shore you can see a varied underwater topography which includes caves, depressions and arches. This diverse ecological environment has become a popular diving spot in Kenting National Park. (4)
白沙灣 White Sands Bay
白沙灣是由海洋生物殼體所組成的貝殼沙灘, 沙粒均勻, 晶瑩明亮, 全年都適合游泳, 潛水帆船, 騎水上摩托車等海上活動. 陸上則可烤肉, 露營, 在自行車步道上享受騎車建行的樂趣, 秋冬時節可看夕陽沈入海中, 夜晚也是觀星的好去處. White Sands Bay is a beach composed of crushed shell. The sand is bright and evenly distributed, and suitable for swimming, diving, kayaking, riding jet skis and other ocean-based activities year-round. On the beach you can barbecue, camp, and enjoy local bike trails. In the fall and winter evenings you can watch the sun descend into the ocean, and at night you can gaze at the stars. (5)
紅柴坑 Hong Chai Keng
紅柴坑位於恆春半島西海岸, 這裡蘊藏各式各樣的珊瑚, 五顏六色的熱帶魚以及千變萬化的海底地形, 景觀非常豐富; 這裡還有提供生態觀察的 "海底觀光綺玻璃半潛艇", 讓遊客盡情欣賞其麗的海底世界. Hong Chai Keng is located on the west coast of the Hengchun Peninsula. Every type of coral is to be found here, as is every color of tropical fish, and a continually changing underwater topography. The area is rich in biodiversity, and while there visiting tourists should take a trip on a glass-bottomed boat so they can enjoy the underwater world beneath them.
後壁湖遊艇碼頭 Hou Bi Hu Yacht Wharf
後壁湖遊艇碼頭是台灣地區頗具規模的遊艇碼頭, 也為恆春半島上最大的漁港, 多數玩家會在此搭乖海底觀光半潛艇或從事潛水, 海釣等多項海上活動, 已成為墾丁著名的地標, 來到這裡立刻可以聞到渡假的氣息. Hou Bi Hu Yacht Wharf is a large-scale yacht wharf. It's also the biggest fishing port on the Hengchun Peninsula. Many tourists board glass-bottom boats, dive, fish or engage in other activities here. It has already become an important destination in Kenting, and visiting this place always feels like being on vacation.
後壁湖海洋資源保護示範區 Hou Bi Hu Ocean Resource Protected Viewing Area
位於南灣與貓鼻頭兩地間的巴士海峽內, 2005年成立, 總面積約180公頃. 該海域為保護生物多樣性而建立的保護區, 並以海膽的保護為起始, 而後擴及至所有海洋生物的全面保護. Located on the Bashi Channel between Nanwan and Mao Bi Tou, the [Hou Bi Hu Ocean Resource Protected Viewing Area] was established in 2005. It covers about 180 hectares, and this area was created to protect the area's biodiversity. Conservation efforts began with sea urchins, and were later expanded to include all marine life in that area.
船帆石 Chuan Fan Rock (6)
由墾丁街向南行的途中就會看到, 蔚藍的海面上聳立了一顆高約18公尺, 形似帆船的巨大珊瑚石, 這就是 "船帆石". 此海域聚集了豐富的生物資源, 也是當地浮潛與獨木丹的活動地點. As you travel south from Kenting's "Big Street," you'll see an 18 meter-tall coral stone standing above the azure sea. This is "Chuan Fan Rock." The fisheries in this area are rich, and it's also a site for snorkeling and kayaking.
後壁湖漁港鮮魚區 Hou Bi Hu Fishing Port's Fresh Seafood Zone
來到墾丁要去哪裡吃便宜又好吃的海鮮呢? 推薦大家可以到後壁湖漁港報到喔! 在區漁會樓下, 有一排整齊畫一的 "鮮魚區" , 各式海產料理與生魚片, 琳琅滿目. 另外, 如果是飛魚季節的話 (4-7月) , 那更不能錯過飛魚的美味! Where can [visitors] to Kenting get cheap and delicious seafood? Everyone should report to the Hou Bi Hu Fresh Seafood Zone, located just below the local fishing association's headquarters. There is a neatly designated "fresh fish zone," which offers every kind of seafood and sashimi. If it's flying fish season (April to July), you won't be able to pass up the great taste of flying fish!
Related Entries 相關的文章:
1. A lot of people get Hengchun and Kenting confused. Kenting National Park is inside Hengchun Municipality and Manjhou Township. Hengchun is the southernmost municipality in Taiwan. Kenting National Park itself is composed of several differently designated areas at the southern end of the Hengchun Peninsula, which extends from (roughly) Fangliao and Taimali townships to the southern tip of the island. Kenting's "Big Street" (the street with the night market) is located in Kenting National Park, but when many people refer to a place as "being in Kenting" they actually mean Hengchun, not Kenting.
2. As said elsewhere, taking Freeway #1 all the way south to where it meets Highway 17 can lead you into some hellish traffic. I'm not sure why they suddenly decided to include people from the east coast in this section, but in case anyone in Hualien or Taitung is driving this route, you can also turn off Highway 9 (i.e. the Southern Cross-Island Highway) at the border between Taitung and Pingtung counties. This leads you to Route 199, which leads into Mudan Township, and from there to Highway 26. It's usually slower, but on big holiday weekends (when traffic is backing up on Highways 1, 9 and 26), it's sometimes faster.
3. Unlike many other places introduced in these "Fishy Things to Do" entries, the aquarium in Hengchun is truly worth visiting. I've been to aquariums in several countries, and the aquarium in Hengchun ranks near the top. If you visit, just be sure to see the whole aquarium. There are other exhibits in the back that are often overlooked.
4. ...as if anyone knows where those two other places are. It's a weird way to describe the location of this place. As you travel south on Highway 26 you take a left into Hai Kou 海口, and this takes you down the Checheng Oceanside Highway 車城濱海景觀公路, which turns into County Road 153. From there it's a straight shot south past the aquarium to Wan Li Tong. The drive is pleasant, but be warned that parking a car in many of these areas is a challenge.
5. Just prepare yourself for CROWDS. It's a nice beach, but it's also super well known and super popular. Oh, and fuck people who ride jet skis. They're loud, they destroy the environment, and if you ask me they should be illegal everywhere.
6. "Chuan Fan Rock" could be translated as "Sailboat Rock."