1. Where did I study Chinese? 我在哪裡學過中文?(1)
a. Tung Hai University 東海大學
b. The University of Washington 華盛頓大學
c. Taitung University 台東大學
d. The School of Hard Knocks 社會大學
2. Where in Pingtung County will I be moving to next year? 我下學年要搬到屏東縣哪一個鄉鎮?
a. Pingtung City 屏東市
b. Hengchun Municipality 恆春鎮
c. Fangliao Township 枋寮鄉
d. Wutai Township 霧台鄉
3. Why did I accompany my daughter to the Seaside Park? 我為什麼陪我的女兒去海濱公園?(2)
a. To go birdwatching 觀鳥
b. To clean up garbage 撿垃圾
c. To have a barbecue 烤肉
d. To go bicycling 騎單車
4. What do I think is one of the most interesting buildings in Taitung County? 我覺得台東最有趣的建築物是哪一棟?
a. The Chr Shang Train Station 池上車站
b. The Sheraton Hotel 桂田酒店
c. The Chang Bin Township Office 長濱鄉公所
d. Saint Josef Church in Jin Luen 金崙聖若瑟天主堂
5. Have I joined the Green Island Marathon? 我參加過綠島馬拉松?
a. Yes 有
b. No 沒有
c. Maybe 有可能
d. I love my grandma. 我愛我的奶奶.
6. About how many years have I lived in Taiwan? 我大概住台灣幾年?
7. What city am I from? 我來自哪一個城市?
a. Los Angeles 洛杉磯
b. Portland 波特蘭
c. New Orleans 新奧爾良
d. Seattle 西雅圖
8. Who is my favorite superhero? 我最喜歡的超人是誰?(3)
a. The Flash 閃電俠
b. The Hulk 浩克
c. Spider-man 蜘蛛人
d. Batman 蝙蝠俠
9. In 2011, what were my coworkers seriously discussing? 我的同事在2011年最熱切討論的是甚麼?(4)
a. Making the children wear helmets in case of earthquakes 為了避免小朋友在地震的時候受傷, 要求他們戴安全帽
b. Making the children wear extra raincoats in case of fallout 避免核廢料對身體的影響, 叫小朋友多穿幾件雨衣
c. Making the children study more English 要小朋友多學習英語
d. Making the children wear the winter uniform year-round 叫小朋友全年穿冬季的制服
10. After returning from Bali, what did my clothes smell like? 我從峇里島回來之後, 我的衣服都有什麼味道?(5)
a. The ocean 海水的味道
b. Curry 咖哩的味道
c. Clove cigarettes 丁香香菸的味道
d. Smoke 煙的味道
11. Which junior high school is near my house? 我家靠近哪一所國中?(6)
a. Shin Sheng Junior High School 新生國中
b. Bao Sang Junior High School 寶桑國中
c. Tung Hai Junior High School 東海國中
d. Dulan Junior High School 都蘭國中
12. Which of the following places have I visited during a school field trip? 下列的地方中, 哪一個是我學校的戶外教學目的地?
a. Water Running Up 水往上流
b. Mr. Brown Boulevard 伯朗大道
c. Jinjen Mountain 金針山
d. The Guanshan Water Park 關山親水公園
13. What article about Taiwan did I find amusing? 下列的網上報告, 我覺得哪一個很好笑?(7)
a. "Confessions of a MILF Hunter"
b. "Lost in Taitung"
c. "The Story of My Alienation"
d. "10 Things to Do in Taipei"
14. What new form of transportation was I marveling over in 2017? 2017年的時候, 我覺得哪一個交通工具很讚?
a. The Maokong Gondola 貓空纜車
b. The tunnel between Yilan and New Taipei City 宜蘭到新北市的隧道
c. The Airport MRT 機場捷運
d. Expressway 88 (88號快速公路)
15. After visiting Thailand in 2012, what other nearby country did I visit? 我2012年去泰國的時候, 也去了附近哪一個國家?(8)
a. Laos 寮國
b. Myanmar 緬甸
c. Vietnam 越南
d. Cambodia 柬埔寨
16. If I could be any animal, what animal would I be? 我想當哪一種動物?(9)
a. A cat 貓
b. An otter 獭
c. An eagle 老鷹
d. A flying squirrel 飛鼠
17. In what part of Kaohsiung did my mother-in-law live several years ago? 我的岳母以前住高雄哪一區?
a. Ciaotou District 橋頭區
b. Luzhu District 路竹區
c. Sanmin District 三民區
d. Xiaogang District 小港區
18. In what Taiwanese city did I live for four years? 我在台灣哪一個都市住過四年?
a. Kaohsiung 高雄
b. Taipei 台北
c. Hualien 花蓮
d. Taichung 台中
19. What's my opinion on Jinluen Hot Springs? 我對金崙溫泉有什麼看法?
a. It's overlooked 被忽視
b. It's overrated 高估
c. It's too difficult to get to 交通不方便
d. It's too expensive 太貴了
20. When I go back to the States, what's my soft drink of choice? 我回去西雅圖的時候最喜歡哪一種汽水?(10)
a. Coke 可口可樂
b. Pepsi 百事可樂
c. Sprite 雪碧
d. Mountain Dew 激浪
21. How self-indulgent is this quiz, anyway? 這個小考是不是太自我感覺良好?
a. Very 沒錯
b. It's ok 還好
c. Not at all 一點都不是
d. I love my grandma. 我愛我的奶奶
22. Is there life on Mars? 火星上有生物嗎?(11)
a. Hey that's a Bowie song " Hey"是Bowie的歌名
b. Yes 有
c. No 沒有
d. I thought this quiz was supposed to be about your blog 這個小考是關於你的blog
23. Within the last three years, what is the most-viewed entry in this blog? 最近三年內, 下列哪一文章是最多人讀過的?(12)
24. What was, until I moved it into the Taiwan Style Blog Archive, the all-time most popular post in this blog? 哪一文章是我放入 "很久以前的文章" 的網頁前最受歡迎的?(13)
25. I briefly changed the name of this blog. What did I change it to/from? 我短暫的把這個blog的英文名字改成什麼?(14)
a. Taiwan Perspectives
b. Hello From Taitung
c. East Coast Style
d. Dream Malls and Dragonfruit
Related Entries 相關的文章:
Some People I Know in Taitung County, Viewed Through the Side by Side Textbook, Unit 9 and My Line Account
Answers: 1 = a, 2 = c, 3 = b, 4 = d, 5 = a, 6 = a, 7 = d, 8 = a, 9 = b, 10 = c, 11 = b, 12 = d, 13 = a, 14 = c, 15 = d, 16 = b, 17 = b, 18 = d, 19 = a, 20 = d, 21 = a, 22 = a and d, 23 = a, 24 = c, 25 = d
How Did You Do?
100% = Thunderbuddies for Life! 我們是永遠的好朋友
90% - 99% = I Probably Owe You a Beer 乾杯吧! 朋友
80% - 89% = Let's Have a Coffee Sometime 好久不見
70% - 79% = Hi, I'm ______, Nice to Meet You 您好
0% - 69% = Here I Go Again / On My Own.... 誰啊
1. The characters/place name 東海 (Eastern Sea) have (re)occurred several times in my life. Tung Hai University, Tung Hai Junior High School, Tung Hai Elementary School and I might even be living in Tung Hai Village next year. No idea why this is.
2. This question is pretty much impossible. I wrote about that school garbage clean-up around the time I started this blog. If you actually remembered, a tip of the hat to you.
3. Hulk is a close second though.
4. That was right after the Fukushima nuclear disaster in Japan. A lot of people down here were worried about fallout getting blown down here by the wind. As it turned out most of it went to the States instead. Enjoy your slightly radioactive milk, Washingtonians!
5. Bali is not awesome. If you're new to traveling in Southeast Asia - whenever it is that you can travel in Southeast Asia again - I recommend just about anywhere else.
6. My daughter just graduated from there, and her older sister graduated from there four years ago. Time flies, doesn't it?
7. Gotta love how "controversial" some people find this type of article. Asian men, there's no need to worry about non-Asians stealing your women. There aren't enough of us to do that anyway. Besides, people with satisfying sex lives tend to worry less about the types of sex other people are having. Nothing says "incel" like racial-sexual arguments.
8. If you're holding a Taiwanese passport, I would recommend NOT crossing from Thailand into Cambodia by land (or vice versa). It was a nightmare for my wife.
9. Why? Because otters have a good time all the time.
10. I'm a purist when it comes to Mountain Dew. Only original flavor for me, no Baja Blast or nonsense like that.
11. Bowie's best album? It'd have to go with The Man Who Sold the World or Diamond Dogs. Diamond Dogs is really overlooked.
12. These were all big "hits." I know that people enjoyed the interviews, but as I went through them and began talking to Taiwanese people I realized that there were problems with some of the questions. I might attempt this again in the future.
13. Again, all big "hits" until I moved them to the archive and they were less visible to search engines. Of course the popularity of "Sex in Taiwan" had to do with its title. The "Sad About the Lake" entry is far and away the most controversial thing I ever wrote. I got hate emails about that for weeks.
14. I still like the sound of "Dream Malls and Dragonfruit" more than "Taiwan Style." More evocative. The trouble with that title is that it makes the subject of this blog far less obvious.